Watching for the apocalypse...



Someplace in America right now:

Me: (looking out window) No Zombies, no walking dead...this is the most boring apocalypse ever!

Later that morning: an alert goes out about some ne'er-do-wells, posing as officials and dressed in hazmat suits, coming to door-to-door, claiming to test for virus, then robbing houses. They are reportedly driving a white van.

Dear Husband: Are you watching for a white van, now?
Me: (at window) This apocalypse just got interesting again.
...
Me: (still at window) If they come, the code phrase is: "Wait right there--my wife's getting dressed." And I'll run and call the police.
DH: (unintelligible)
...
DH: I don't want to see you standing there, watching out the window.
Me: (backing up two steps) Can you see me now?
DH: (unintelligible)
...
DH: Are you still looking out the window!?
Me: Okay, I'm getting dressed.
DH: What? Are you telling me to call the police?



(Photos of my crocheted monster hats courtesy Crochet Today! magazine and Interweave Crochet magazine)