Crochet in Color--and a free pattern!


I am obsessed with color and its applications. I came up with an exercise illustrating the concept of "split complementary" color combinations. Complementary colors are those that are directly opposite each other on the color wheel. Red's complementary is green, so red's split complementary colors are those either side of green on the color wheel: yellow-green and blue-green.

P3240412.JPG

Each flower here is an example of split complementaries, a satisfying combination of colors. I made these in thread, and I pin a bunch of them to a sweater when I need a little color. The same pattern can be used to make larger "corsages" in yarn.

P3240412.JPG


Since March is National Crochet Month, I'd like to send you a free digital copy of the pattern. Send an email to donna.childs.crochets at gmail dot com, and I will send you the pattern in April--just in time for  making spring flowers!

P3240412.JPG



Here are some related links from my blog: