Party Animals get out of Crazy Town

Feel like you’ve been living in Crazy Town?

Probably because you have been.

Want to get out of Crazy Town? Pick up a crochet hook and some random yarn, and these party animals will help you out. I know this, because they’ve helped me.

How it started:

I found a collection of random yarn for sale on my needlework guild’s Junque Table, in a color palette I’m dubbing “Prom 1968.”

Eleven little creatures, concocted over one weekend, exactly twenty years after 9-11. Making eleven wasn’t exactly premeditated, but it was cathartic to dream up and create each little imperfect wild thing, designed to comfort grown-ups in uncertain times.


Of course I had to make some hats and other accessories for them:





This pattern is designed for whatever scrap yarn you may have, and will work no matter the yarn (DK, light worsted. worsted weight). I mean it--pick up a hook and grab some yarn; I guarantee you’ll feel chipper in no time!


so you can crochet your own Party Animals
to help you get out of Crazy Town